Friday, September 21, 2012

Short Short Writing Competition

Yup, I wrote a short short today for the Writer's Digest Short Short competition.  I love short shorts because
A)  It's fun to say.
B)  I totally enjoy the satisfaction of finishing something and being amused by it.

Now comes the challenge:  I have proven to myself that I can get rejected without paying for it.  Is it worth $20 to be rejected and not even get the rejection letter?  (At least I don't think I do).  I know, I won't know unless I try.  And at under 800 words, the reward would be great for so little work (but a lot of sheer genius)  Isn't sheer genius the point of writing?  (Or is that hard work?)  BOTH!

Sorry, the story I just wrote is stream of consciousness and I'm having a hard time coming out of it.

In random otherness:  blogger has updated itself.  I'm indifferent at the moment.  It looks different, whiter perhaps.  Shades of white(ish), part is gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment