Sunday, October 14, 2012

Putting Myself Out There

A few days ago, I called upon my High School graduating class to vote for my story in the America's Next Author contest.  Then today I asked my whole town, both via Facebook.  Since the contest is a social media contest, I am trying to find my votes through social media.  I know that in order to get a nomination, I will have to reach farther and wider.  Self promotion is not something I have ever thought too much of before.  It's a new concept to me, but honestly it's going really well.  I have had a lot of positive reception to my story and it's helping me push my comfort zone.  I believe this competition is prepping me for my future because I'm beginning to realize that when the time comes to publish a novel, I will have to self promote.  In fact, even something like trying to get an agent requires a level of self promotion.  So while today is Sunday and #SubmissionSunday isn't happening in the traditional sense perhaps, I am basically submitting my story to a variety of individuals hoping many will like it and vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment