Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sorry I left you hanging . . .

My realization was that the FREE online courses I signed up for on Coursera begin in a couple of weeks.  Sadly there are no writing classes.  However, the two I am enrolled in will directly impact my writing.  The first is "Science from Superheros to Global Warming".  The second is "Fantasy and Science Fiction:  The Human Mind, Our Modern World".  Yes, I have taken science classes and Science Fiction and Fantasy classes.  However, the science class is stated to focus on what is "good science" in relation to things such as superheros, movies, and real world issues.  The SF&F class tackles a few stories I have read, but many more I have not.  Both classes are lead by real professors from top notch colleges.  Oddly, I get more done, when I have a lot going on.  So, here's to more reading, more writing, and more learning! 

If you are interested in free college level online classes check out:  http://www.coursera.org/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment