Monday, January 14, 2013

Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest

So . . . Amazon has a contest where they publish unpublished novels.  Great!

Just like in the real world, one must submit a pitch, excerpt, and full manuscript.  If the novel is liked by all it gets published!

Unlike the real world, the whole process is rather quick.  There is no contract negotiation if you win (ie you get what they offer or nothing).  It is possible to receive a review, even if your story doesn't win.  Oh and there is voting and reviewing by the people.  Again . . .

Is this something I want to do?  Yes and No.  Resounding no.  But yes.  Yes?  Yes.

I don't know.  This novel has been rejected by three agents.  They are not publishers though.  Nor are they my "fans".  Like those exist yet.  Other than my fantastic family and friends who voted so fervently for me in the America's Next Author Competition.  Can we do this again?  We can try.  Maybe.

The whole deal has to be submitted by January 27, 2013.  I guess I will be combing through it again.  I haven't looked at it, in a while.  Maybe the distance will help me see anything that I must tweak.

Brave face.  Go write a pitch.  Get the excerpt together.  Polish the manuscript.  Enter contest.  Breath.  Hold it together.  Here goes nothing . . . again.

No comments:

Post a Comment