Wednesday, June 23, 2010

buttress - to ecourage or support

Buttress was one of the new words I learned for the GRE. I thought it was amusing amid the other 50 or so vocabulary words I learned (or re-learned) yesterday. I never have had an astounding vocabulary.



I have a bug bite on the bottom of my foot which is distracting me.



Anyway, I submitted another story on Sunday. It was the one that I was talking about in my last post. I found a new mag to submit it to. The mag is called Quick Fiction and my story is called, "Elephant Bubble Gum Tears." So I'll keep it posted on here as to what happens with it.

I have also gotten up to take 5 of the essay for real simple. Realized that it doesn't have to (in fact should not) start with "I never thought I would . . ." Duh. So my fifth try was easier and harder because now I have to make sure the theme comes across and figure out what it is I never thought I would do. Really I never thought I would do the majority of the things I am doing, other than try to write. That I knew I would do. Today however, I am going to step away from the essay and work on a Science Fiction story/future anthology I dreamt up. It will be a bunch of novella's that can be read separate, but will go together to (science fictionally) tell the {wait I don't want to give my whole idea away}! Cliff hanger. You can check it out once I publish it, and you buy it! please?

1 comment:

  1. Um dear Tina,

    as your loyal follower I am waiting for your next post!! :) I like reading your stuff. And I can't wait till you have a book published, so I can read it, make all my friends buy and read it, and then have a real book for my bookshelves. I'm just saying.

    Love

    Mush

    ReplyDelete