Thursday, June 17, 2010

Today's writing adventures

I began my writing work today by searching for lit mags to submit to. There are so many to sort through. A lot of them aren't taking submissions until the school year starts back up, so Aug/Sept time frame. I did write a few down that are taking submissions now. My plan was to go to Barnes and Noble to scope out the type of writing these journals accept.

Plan foiled: Not so long story short --> they didn't have the mags I was looking for. Flipped through a couple others, but am not too sure what I think.

Trip wasn't a total bust: I did get a couple good things at Barnes and Noble.
1. A weekly planner --> I have a secret love of making to do lists, even if I don't follow them
2. A GRE study book --> To get accepted to a grad school to get my MFA in Creative Writing I have to do well on the GRE general skills test and I have not attempted any math since my freshmen year in college. Oye. I'm sure my vocab could use some refreshing.

Actual writing news:
-I started attempt 4 at the "Real Simple" essay. I think the first paragraph is on the right track. It will get there, slowly. I have to figure out what is important, since I only have 1500 words.

- I wrote a story a few months ago that I love and hope to publish. The few people who have read it liked it, Rob even cracked up. The main character is a little boy that I can't get out of my head. I keep wanting to know what he will do in other situations. What he was like before the story I wrote, what happens after, why his parents are so clueless. So today I started writing more about him. I can't wait to see where it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment