Thursday, October 18, 2012

A little bit of this

and that.

1.  The America's Next Author contest is confusing me.  I went from 24th to 129th place overnight.  I have no idea how to bounce back.  I thought once the ranking reset, people could vote again, but this is not the case.  Personally, I think the votes should be cumulative if people cannot vote every week.  It was my understanding that they could.  So, I'm frustrated and I'm sure I am  not the only one.

2.  Besides my frustration, I'm happy with all of the positive commentary on my story.  I appreciate my friends and their friends for all of the support.  Win, lose, or somewhere oddly in between, my confidence is growing and I'm excited to continue to work on new things.

3.  NaNoWriMo Playlist:  It's coming along nicely.  I keep adding new songs to it daily and once I am done, I will try to put them in a useful order.  I'm excited for this story because the character is unique and I look forward to the dark side of this novel.

4.  I've been thinking about making "Counting Blows" a longer piece.  It makes me nervous because now that people like it, I don't want to upset anyone with how he turns out.  I like the quirky, wondrous nature of little Steven and of the story.  I will continue to think on this for all of my (dare I say it) fans.

5.  I still haven't heard anything from two of the agents I sent my novel to.  The first two rejections came quickly.  This waiting is daunting.

6.  Book two is in a good place.  Well, it's been at a standstill of sorts while I try to promote "Counting Blows" and get ready for NaNoWriMo.  However, when I'm ready to jump back at it, which I'm guessing will be after the new year, it will be in a good place to go.

7.  Completely random:  I need a haircut and the shirt I put on this morning is fading colors in random spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment