Wednesday, October 10, 2012

. . .and we're off!

Off to quite a start in the America's Next Author competition, that is.  Earlier today, I posted on Facebook that the voting was underway.  I have been working hard to get the word out.  I have never been very inclined to at promote myself, but this is something I really want.  I have a couple awesome people who have already left reviews and I greatly appreciate it.  I also know that some people have FB "liked"  my author page, which also counts towards my popularity (I mean "Counting Blows" popularity).  :)  I've already sent out a first wave of private messages and pleas to family members to read, vote, and share with everyone they know.  If you are reading this blog, please do the same.  I really would like to get to the point in the competition where people who don't know me have heard about me, are reading my story, and (fingers crossed) liking it.  I realize this is up to me, which is why in the middle of this post (right here in fact) I stopped writing and asked the people in my "local" NaNoWriMo group to read my story.  No fear.  No shame.  This is only the beginning 

No comments:

Post a Comment