Sunday, October 21, 2012

Prepping & Moving Up

Prepping:
No, I'm not a doomsday prepper.  I do like to watch the show sometimes and then I contemplate the fact that maybe I should be more prepared. For what?  Armageddon, end of the Mayan Calendar, tornados (more realistic here is Misery - I mean, Missouri), Nuclear War, whatever might come up.   Anyway, I haven not been doing that.  I have been continuing to prep for National Novel Writer's Month (NaNoWriMo).  Today, on my regional forum (the location of which is debatable because of my distance to anywhere) I found "Writing Tools".  Within this post is a program called Scrivener, and there is a free trial specially for people participating in NaNoWriMo.  I have downloaded it and gone through the tutorial.  I am going to set it up on my mini laptop and see if I can become comfortable enough with it to use for the month.  (both the program and my mini laptop).  It's the perfect size to throw in a bag and carry along with me -the laptop.  I am also coming along on my playlist.  I am close to 80 songs.  I am hoping once I get to an "end", that I will be able to group them by idea/topic/theme/tone and put them into Scrivener somehow (at least the lists).  We'll see.  I'm also hoping I can do the same with my NaNoWriMo pinterest board.  Again, we'll see.

Moving Up:
I am now in 17th place in the America's Next Author Competition!  That means that my face shows up on the first page of author rankings!  If it sounds conceited, fine, but that's not why I'm so excited.  For one, I have awesome friends who are voting and sharing and tweeting, and being awesome.  For two, now, more people than ever will see it and may stumble upon it, because in theory, it's one of the best -I mean it's on the first page!  So thank you friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment