Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Some days I have it

And some days I don't. Today feels like one of those days. At very least, this is not my time of day. Last night, I did some excellent writing. I wrote almost 1,000 words for my chapter/story that I want to enter for the @WritersDigest pop fiction contest. With a little over 1,000 possible words left to go, I'm within the realm of completing this goal.

Problem: my inner self has issues with letting my characters do dangerous/sad/complicated things. I sit on it, letting whatever the issue is churn until I reach that moment where it has to come out. I wouldn't call it writer's block, because I know what's going to happen. I know. It's almost like I know the future before it comes, and until I write it, it won't happen. Sounds crazy, right? Unless you write SF, then it sounds like a plot for a new story. haha

The other dilemma? Place is about to transform into character --> Conflict will become man vs nature for a time. This particular nature is new to the story, new to me, and new to the world at large. Ok, some people have worked within this realm, but not many. It's not like I'm taking my characters across the Atlantic or even through typical outer space. Which means here I have to develop the rules that will (with a bit of luck) dictate future space travel/time distortion for the rest of my novel(s). #SeriouslyExcitingStuff AND #SeriouslyScaryStuff. AKA: I don't want to screw it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment