Friday, September 28, 2012

America's Next Author

It's a social media writing contest, America's Next Author, where YOU can vote for your favorite.  I am currently re-working a story I wrote a couple of years ago to fit into the guidelines.  (I think) I submitted (the old version) of it somewhere before, but it was the ONLY story I've ever written that Rob (my husband - who isn't huge of fiction) laughed out loud when he read it.  The coolest thing about the contest, anyone can read my story, leave feedback and/or vote for it.  For one contest, I can get my quirky writer self out there to everyone who's willing to read it.  

I've had to extend the story, since I originally wrote it with a word limit of 1,000 words and this story has to be 2,500 - 5,000 words.  The main character is the epitome of all of my best characters, odd but worthy of sympathy.  Reading and voting starts October 9th, so I will put all that info up when the time comes.  However, below is a link to the site if you are interested in checking it out.

http://www.ebookmall.com/americasnextauthor

No comments:

Post a Comment