Friday, September 21, 2012

People Helping People

The following is a letter from my brother.  He is looking for contributions to support a co-worker in her fight against cancer.  Please help if possible, share if not.


July 21, 2012
Dear Friends and Family,

Over the next two months, I will be training to prepare for Team In Training’s (TNT) Nike Women’s Marathon which is a 13.1 mile run on October 14th! TNT is a nonprofit endurance training program that benefits The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). I have set my sights higher than just training for a half marathon, though. I also aim to raise at least $2,500 to help find a cure for blood cancers, such as leukemia, myeloma, and Hodgkin’s disease.

The money I raise will pay for support groups, educational programs, and financial planning for afflicted families. It will also fund grants for doctors whom are working toward better treatments and a cure.  Their efforts are critical, because blood cancers kill more children in the United States than any other cancer and strike even more adults. An estimated 110,960 new cases of blood cancers will be diagnosed nationwide this year alone; some 55,100 patients will die.

Recently, my coworker, Pamela Wright, was diagnosed with Plasma Cell Leukemia. I cannot imagine the struggle that Pam and her family are going through, so the least I can do is support the cause and train for this event in her honor.

This is where, I’m hoping, you come in. Though I can do the training, I need your help to reach my fundraising goal. Every dollar you donate is tax-deductible and any donation, no matter how small, would be greatly appreciated!

Contributions can be made online on my personal fundraising page: http://pages.teamintraining.org/sj/nikesf12/grazz2004

Thank you for your time in reading this and hopefully you will be able to help me on my journey in fighting against cancer.

Thank you in advance for your support! I truly appreciate it!

May the force be with you,

Garrett Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment