Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Back from NY and ready to write!

The past couple weeks I have been visiting family and friends back home in NY with little to no time or space to write. I did get a couple pages out, but nothing too special. I did have a lot of good things happen while I was in NY. My sister in law had a baby: Mariah Josephine, making me a proud aunt to two gorgeous nieces! My cousin Kristina had her wedding shower and bachelorette party - fantastic times had there! I got to hang with family, have hot dogs and other killer bbq food, and I even added an extra dog to the mix - temporarily. I am dog sitting my mom's long haired tea cup Chihuahua for July.

I got back a couple nights ago, after a crazy drive back that began we me locked my keys in the car while it was running and the dogs were inside, followed by having to detour around a 4th of July parade after getting off an exit for gas, and driving through a hail storm going about 10 mph. Yesterday was my day as rest, relaxation, and lawn mowing (aka sweating my skin off). Today, I continue to write.

I wrote about 750 words. Not fantastic, but surely better than nothing. I know I need to pick up the pace if I have any hope of finishing my novel-in-progress. I am currently 81 pages in. I want to set a reachable goal. I punched out the stuff tonight in about an hour. Maybe try for 7000 words a week. It seems lofty, considering how long it has taken me to get where I am, but it doesn't seem unreasonable. We shall all see how well I stick to my new goal. Wish me luck and thanks for reading/following! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment