Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Change in plans.

So I finally decided that I was going to just keep the title to the story I was going to submit and deal with it, but last minute another story I wrote caught my eye in my "writing" folder and I read through it. I had to hold back a couple tears and decided I would send that one instead. I like the title better, but other than that, I'm not too sure why I sent it instead. Hopefully it was a good decision. Only time will tell. I have been writing faithfully for my novel. Also today I started a memoir that deals with a certain time in my teenage years. I'm not sure if it will amount to anything more than a personal cleansing, I guess only time will tell. Taylor Swift's song, "Mean" got me going with it. I'm not even sure that it actually is relevant, except the word mean. Anyway, only time will tell if it's worth cleaning and sending.

In reading news, I recently finished the Ender's Game quartet for the second time. I sincerely love everything Orson Scott Card. It was his writing that really made me love Science Fiction and want to write it. I am going to re-read the Ender's Shadow quartet also, but first I am reading The Hunger Games Trilogy, by Suzanne Collins. It was recommended to me by a co-worker and is good so far.

I am sincerely happy right now to have the time to read and to write. Sometimes I don't think people understand that I need an open mind to write, or that reading will help me get a better understanding of how plot, character and form fit together. Well, it's time to pick up my book and a glass of wine. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment