Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Confused.

Well I started out doing awesome with my writing goal, but it didn't last too long. I was going back and filling in details that are vital to the story, but I started to get confused about what happened when. I have been trying to sort out how I can sort it all out once and for all. I knew what I wanted, but didn't know how to do it. If I was a computer genius I could simply make a program to do it. However, I am not, BUT I did figure out a normal people way to keep track of everything. I will make a timeline on my office wall with painters tape and sticky notes. Who doesn't love sticky notes? This way, I will be able to add info above, below or beside as needed without needing to completely re-do my timeline. Also, if I need to see where something fits into the plot, I can just look at the wall, and voila. Downside: the sticky notes may fall off the wall. I will be on the hunt for super sticky, but not too sticky sticky notes tomorrow. I have a bunch of boring yellow ones, but I am sure they will fly all over rather than stick to the wall. I will update this once I have begun my sticky note time line extravaganza.

No comments:

Post a Comment