Thursday, August 23, 2012

Writing Contest

So, today on my Twitter feed, @WritersDigest informed me of the Pop fiction writing contest. So I thought:

A) What a great way to get my name out there - WIN the contest
B) I could use a section from my sequel novel and people will read it, love it, and want to read the novel
C) I know the perfect part to include
D) I need to write this perfect part
E) Parts of novels can be made into short stories - Ralf Ellison's "Battle Royal" From Invisible Man
F) 4,000 words? I can write that in a week or two
G) Can I make this list as long as the alphabet
H) Do I want to? (make it as long as the alphabet)
I) Challenge accepted.
J) If I win the whole thing, I get to go to NYC to the Writer's Digest Conference
K) And win $$$$
L) I really just want people to read my stuff
M) But, I would like to go shopping
N) Maybe I'll have an agent by then
O) Maybe my first novel will be in the process of being published by then
P) Maybe I'll still need both and it'll be a good opportunity to meet said people
Q) Or, I may not have either nor win
R) Quiet the negative thinking
S) I can do this (make it to the end of the alphabet)
T) I have lots of random thoughts
U) I should be writing this story/novel part
V) I should read the official contest rules
W) Read the rules, they retain one time publishing rights. Works for me.
X) I shouldn't have made the second cup of coffee
Y) Hazelnut coffee = so good though
Z) Sorry for the randomness (Sorry you read it - unless you're amused, then you're welcome)


1 comment:

  1. I know the thought process, so yeah, I'm amused.

    ReplyDelete