Friday, August 24, 2012

End of the Year - Minimum Word Count Goal

I have played with the numbers and came up with, what I believe to be, a realistic word count goal.

Here's the "math"

(minimum) 500 words per day X (minimum) 6 days per week X (approx) weeks left in the year = (minimum) 52,080 words

I expect to try (for the first time ever) NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). From what I gather, to succeed, one must write 50,000 words in November. I will be on a cruise that last week in November, so we'll see how that goes.

Is it possible?

A) To reach my minimum goal -- with ease. I can crank out 500 words in less than an hour. I just lose focus and get distracted.
B) NaNoWriMo -- apparently it is. Some people write well over 50,000 in the month, so if they can write well over, I should be able to do it in three weeks, technically.

I will keep #WordCountWednesdays going strong on twitter. I am already well prepped to beat out last weeks word count if I just keep up what I've done yesterday and today.

No comments:

Post a Comment