Monday, March 19, 2012

- something new every day

Today I have come to a conclusion that defies every desire I have. I have read (in several different books on writing ) that it would happen. I refused to believe it possible. One author said it was common to throw out the first hundred pages that are written. Another said after the first draft is written, the second draft was a complete overhaul. I don't know why I thought I would be above that. I am not. The first part I wrote needs to be totally rewritten. I have found some diamonds in the rough, but mostly it's coal. I also half-hazardly added flashbacks that need to be removed from where they are and reinserted in more pertinent locations.

Oh, and another layer of my novel (yes the third perspective) is in the works. It will be the missing link (I think). So while my first draft was in a sense complete, the second draft will include a whole new part that my subconscious is currently working out the details. Right now I have very little conscious idea how it will be written.

No comments:

Post a Comment