Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dress for success

Most of today was spent doing completely non-literary functions, like steam cleaning the carpet - yuck. However, I knew I needed to get in the groove. I did pretty well over the weekend, which is amazing considering I flew to San Antonio for a girls weekend with a friend. However, being stuck in an airport waiting for a layover has it's perks. I wrote over 1,000 words on the way out, and over 900 on the way back home. Overall pretty solid work. Today is Wednesday and I hadn't touched it since. I have been concerned about Hurricane Irene, since I live fairly near the coast, and spent a bit of time preparing in case I needed to evacuate. Doesn't look like that will happen, but I do plan on going to NY next week anyway, so the packing was not in vain.

The obvious question is why is the title of this post, "Dress for success"? Well because that is how I motivated myself to write tonight. I dressed up how I would if I was going to the 'office' or if I was doing a press conference or promoting a book. May sound a bit silly, but it was motivational. I worked for a solid hour, reformatting, thinking, and (gasp) writing a bit. [On a side note, I was drinking one of those Starbucks frappuccino's you buy at the grocery store and dribbled it on my skirt - oh well]

The next question on your mind may be: Why are you reformatting? Does that mean you are done?

NO. I am not near done. However, I have 'flashbacks' in one file and the bulk of it in another, then POV of another character in another file, and in order to continue everything in a way that makes sense, it all needs to be melded together. Actually, as I reformat it, everything is becoming more clear. Things I knew fit together, but didn't know how, I am figuring out. I am really excited. Well I need to get up, stretch a bit, feed the dogs, then maybe . . . just maybe, write/reformat some more.


'Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment