Friday, March 18, 2011

Overwhelmed

As the school year creeps to an end, I think more and more of my future career(?) goals. I feel like I am dreadfully behind in the grand scheme of things. The program I want to get into accepts less than 10% of it's applicants, most that are accepted had an undergrad GPA of 3.7 ( I had a 3.5) and got a 600 on the GRE (whatever that means). I went to the GRE website and found out they are changing the testing and scoring, so now I really don't know what score to aim for.

I also will need three letters of recommendation, preferably from college professors familiar with my writing skills. I am also freaking out about this because I have always been under the impression that I was not particularly memorable, and sadly have little faith that anyone would remember how I wrote if they even remembered me. Woe is me I suppose. My idea is maybe attend a couple of writer's conferences and be impressive and memorable. (?)

And the writing. I am trudging along on my story/novel; which I am still in love with, confused with, and frustrated by. At times it impresses me that I wrote it, but then I think maybe I have bad taste and am vain.

I guess for now I will just keep studying, keep writing, and keep the dream alive. Come summer I will sign up for the GRE and see how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment