Thursday, March 24, 2011

"It's fear of being afraid that frightens me more than anything else."

The title quote is by Jerome Cady off of today's quote of the day from www.dictionary.com. The title quote also sums me and my attitude toward writing up perfectly. BUT, I am trying to work through that. So I have been searching for ways to break out of my writing shell. I have recently included another friend in my small group (now two) of readers to critique my work. They both are fantastic friends who I know have very different views and will be an awesome help to me. Also today I discovered a writing group in Savannah, called the Savannah Writer's Group (SWG). Fancy that. They meet the second and forth Tuesday of every month at 7pm at the Books a Million in Savannah. I am committing on my blog to attend April 12 at 7pm. I am afraid of being afraid, and I am afraid of first impressions because until I get to know people I am very quite and reserved. This gives the wrong impression of me because in reality I am a glass is half full type of girl.

Word of the day: kismet. My sentence: My kismet is to become a well known author. Thanks www.dictionary.com for another awesome word!

No comments:

Post a Comment