Wednesday, September 28, 2011

In 2 Books

I have to give a shout out to a website called www.in2books.com. It's a pen pal program that matches students with e-mentors. The students get to pick the books they read, the mentors read the books, then they exchange emails about the books. I am an e-mentor for the first time and am really enjoying it. I just finished the first book, A Letter to Mrs. Roosevelt by C. Coco De Young. It was an engaging book, and I have already written a letter about it to my student. I realize this post isn't really about my writing, but reading helps writing and helping young people love and think about reading is important to me. It's a super easy way to volunteer and help a child and I am able to do it on my own time.

On another side note, I had a great time at Disney World and now have friends staying with me. It's actually been a very side tracked month, but I am settling into a schedule. Hopefully that will allow me to focus more on writing, and all of the other things I should be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment