Wednesday, January 2, 2013

All the hope for a happy new year-

Dashed.  No it's really not that bad.  Just irked that the first day of mail delivery of 2013, I get a rejection letter.  Not only did it take forever to arrive, since I sent the queries out in August (yes I know up to 6 months response time and agents are super busy reading shit they will reject).  Must be exhausting.  However, this is the most disappointing rejection letter to date.  Here it is, in all it's brevity:

Dear Author:  Yup, August to end of December, and he couldn't even stick my name in there.

Thank you for your letter. You're most welcome.  Unfortunately, I didn't feel I'd be the right agent for your work.  Would it kill you to tell me why?

Best wishes for finding a good agent and publisher.  Thank you.  It's beginning to look like I'll need it.

Cordially,  Now you're trying to make your obviously photo copied rejection letter unique?

Agent signature  The reason it's obvious photo copied.

Agent name printed

***

Well there you have it.  I don't even have a lot of sarcasm for it, because it doesn't say much.  Now I'm only waiting on one more.  I'm not holding my breath though.  It was an email query.

More news tomorrow.  I came to an awesome realization last night!  You must wait to hear what it was.  :)  See ya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment